February Webinar: How to Introduce TeamSTEPPS in Small and Rural Hospitals: The Yellow Brick Road of Teamwork
AHRQ is hosting a webinar on February 10, 2016 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET, on the strategies and lessons learned in the steps to introduce and train small and rural hospitals in TeamSTEPPS concepts. The webinar, "How to Introduce TeamSTEPPS in Small and Rural Hospitals: The Yellow Brick Road of Teamwork," will feature Kenneth Alexander, Vice President at the Louisiana Hospital Association. His presentation will provide insights on engaging hospitals to become interested in TeamSTEPPS, and he will share strategies for working to improve teamwork and communication skills within hospital settings with limited resources. Specifically, the presentation will seek to:
- Provide an overview of the hospitals within the Louisiana Hospital Association (LHA) and their work with TeamSTEPPS;
- Present the need for adapting an approach to introducing a teamwork intervention in small or rural hospitals;
- Discuss specific strategies that LHA uses to implement TeamSTEPPS skills and concepts; and
- Discuss how these strategies have worked in gaining buy-in and sustainment of teamwork skills in small and rural hospitals.
Click here to register.
March Webinar: Five Hours in the PACU? MetroHealth Uses TeamSTEPPS to Improve Patient Transfer from the OR to the ICU
AHRQ is hosting a webinar on March 9, 2016 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET, on the implementation of TeamSTEPPS as part of a collaborative effort to improve the triaging of patients from the OR to the ICU. The webinar, "Five hours in the PACU? MetroHealth Uses TeamSTEPPS to Improve Patient Transfer from OR to ICU," will feature two TeamSTEPPS champions from the MetroHealth System in Cleveland, OH: Joseph F. Golob Jr., M.D., Medical Director of Patient Safety and Medical Director of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, MetroHealth Medical Center; and Robert L. Smith, Ph.D., Director of the MetroHealth System's Medical Staff Assistance Program and TeamSTEPPS Programs. Their presentation will discuss how the need for the TeamSTEPPS intervention was identified, the role of the electronic health record (EHR) in the implementation effort, and the results of this cross-unit effort. Specifically, the presentation will seek to:
- Describe how MetroHealth used its TeamSTEPPS Action Councils to identify a need for a TeamSTEPPS intervention to improve the triaging of patients from the OR to the ICU;
- Present the collaborative TeamSTEPPS implementation between the OR and ICU;
- Discuss how the implementation efforts were integrated into the EHR; and
- Present the results of the implementation thus far, as well as discuss plans for long-term sustainment.
Click here to register.